Saturday, June 17, 2006

FOOTBALL FEVER !

Football fever is ON ! Everyone here in Holland are crazy over football. They set up a big screen in the middle of each available space in the city to watch football especially if Holland is playing and everyone is wearing something orange everyday. Went to a library yesterday and what y'll know, the librarians had bright orange tie on ! Was really funny to see them in orange tie.

I am glad I am here at this season, I won't have to stay up late to watch a match. I am enjoying all the matches so far. Argentina was really good ! They put servia montenegro to shame with a win of 6-0. Utter nonsense ! Then of course, the most exciting match today was Holland against Ivory Coast. My heart was beating so much faster than ever. hehe. Good goal by my ever-favourite Ruud Van Nisterooij. However, Ivory Coast put up a good fight though. Unfortunately they are out for good. sigh. It was a waste. Then again, may the best team wins ! According to football news, the team to beat this world cup is Argentina. They are really good this time! No kidding !

The main setback of watching world cup in Holland is that one will only get to watch it in Dutch; which is a good thing because I can learn a few Dutch words but it can be very frustrating indeed! And the Dutch people also quite 'ham sap' in the sense they have this women's football as well but there's only 5 per side and they are dressed in bra and panties. Such good fun to see the girls play! I had a real good time watching them play (as in the girls in lingerie). The best thing is that it is always shown during the 15 minutes break of a match. Today for the girls, Holland won France 2-1. Yay! Double Victory !

Ok I am getting too excited here over football so I guess I better stop now as it is getting late here. Finally the sun is down at 12am. Time to 'kau kau chu'

One more thing. GERMANY ROCKS ! I can only say this online, can't say it in Holland, they will probably stone me. haha

tot ziens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)