Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Welcome to Amsterdam



In Holland, not many places are hip and happening and definately not many places whereby you can hear people speak in English. Sorry if I am a bit paranoid about the whole English thing because I am still very much frustrated that I can't understand people and I can't speak! Then again, in Amsterdam most people speak in English so it was nice. Well, that's also because Amsterdam is packed with tourist. It is considered to be one of the only remaining city who still had mediveal houses and other stuff. Most importantly, the canals are just gorgeous.

There's lots to tell but pictures say a thousand words, so enjoy.

Anne/Anna Frank's house (the one with the green doors), the secret annex is behind

Opposite Anne Frank's house. The same place she looked out a window and saw her fellow countrymen being led to concentration camps


University of Amsterdam, the oldest university in Holland

The national palace. No one lives there. It is not open to public perhaps only during weddings and other state events.

This house is really weird. It is leaning sideways.


Meeting of two leaning houses. There are quite a few of such houses in Amsterdam.

I really want to put up the picture of my tour guide cum companion throughout the day but blogspot doesn't permit me. So I guess, you guys just have to wait for the next update.

Till then, Tot Ziens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)