Saturday, February 17, 2007

Of Heart-Shaped balloons and Red Packets

" So honey, I have arranged this special surprise for you for Valentine's Day, so brace yourself!". There it goes, the words most girls will be smitten with. A follow-up with this would be a dozen or more roses depending on the message that it is suppose to bring - not forgetting the growing trends of strawberries with chocolates which accompanies flowers and cute teddy bears of all colors. "Awww.... that's so sweet!" The usual replies by girls if all conditions expected are met.

Why exactly am I saying all these things? Well, I did have my fair share of excitement this year. Although I didn't go for a specific date per say but I spent it with my college mates who made it just as exciting. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of time spent with them. The question thereby remains... Is it that important to have a special someone on Valentine's Day? This year alone I had so many people asking me how I would spend my Valentine's Day and my answer was... it's a SURPRISE! Indeed I had a breakthrough on that day. I shared about Christ to my friends and it felt amazing because I had never done anything like that.. not that I can remember at least. I always had a burden to share the gospel but somehow I can't seem to get pass my fear and shyness BUT on February 14 I had a breakthrough. Amazing! My spirit elated deep within and I experienced joy like never before. Now that's a surprise! Unbelievable!

Today

Reunion dinner with family members is something I look forward to every year as it brings all my family members together and this year a new boy is added to my extended family. My aunt is back from the Netherlands to celebrate CNY with us and together with her son of 3 month. Can't wait to crowd around the dinner table and start fighting for food. Yay!

Anyway, here are pictures to share with everyone of my 3 month old cousin. Enjoy.


Presenting Jan Boonstra - a true Dutch boy

Gong Xi Gong Xi

"Ain't I Cheeky..:P"


" Hey people look at me!!! "



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)