Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Three Day Tale in PWTC..

Day One

There I was in PWTC gaining exposure to the business world, dressed finely like a true working class woman - armed with my killer heels standing for 9 hours straight and what did I gain at the end of the day? Many would think, an insight to business? Meeting of potentially rich and influential young partners? Business opportunities which doesn't require any capital at all? or the worst of all NOTHING! Well, I would have preferred nothing but then just as the first day of the SME Global Exhibition was about to end; I tried to be helpful and asked this man who looked like a complete cina ah beng (CAB) how may help him? The horror began..

CAB : (Shouting)How do you think you can help me? Give me a MILLION Dollars? Save me from death?

ME : Completely dumbfounded!

CAB : You think you are very great! You think you can HELP ME!

ME : Still in a state of shock.

CAB : How, how? tell me how you can help me? As if you are very great!

ME: Smiles at him.

CAB : Walks away frustrated.

I remained in a state of shock for the next few minutes after his depature and thought to myself. Have I changed? The old me would just argue back with him and walked away but I just stood there and smiled. I guess I have.

By the way, I did get to know a few good looking, young and rich guys.

Day Two

The day started with eating a Nasi Lemak for RM 5 which tasted completely lousy, then came the whole day of talking to weirdos who thinks that they are so smart and they just want to argue with you for the sake of winning an argument. Other than, talking to weirdos, the day ended pretty good. hehe.. There's this guy who was hitting on me literally. Asking for my personal contact which I was totally flattered but I am not dumb enough to give some stranger my contact although he looked good and was a director of some company and young! A GOOD CATCH INDEED! Then again, my mummy told me not to talk to strangers! hahaha..lol So I told him NO PERSONAL contact for him then he made this remark : Why? You're afraid your boyfriend would scold you? It's completely innocent to give me your number. Oh please, as if I was a 17 year old teenager! Still I was flattered!

Day Three

Went early to set up the booth I was in charge of and lo and behold, an MP is coming and we have to be standing at our booths to greet him. I was excited! I mean, how often do you get to meet an MP? So there I was, checking myself to see if I looked presentable and my booth looked neat and my hair was intact. 10 seconds later, there I was shaking hands with MCA President, Ong Ka Ting! What an honor. Oh and I get to be on TV too. hehe..

Oh well, after the 3 days at PWTC I was exhausted and my calves hurt like mad. It was fulfilling after all. I learnt many things from people from all walks of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)