Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Should I Conform?

Every girl I know for the past few weeks seem obsessed with the way she dresses: the flow of her pleated skirt, the frills on her blouse, the color of her heels and basically her big chunky accessories. How odd? Are these people here to remind me that I should do something and get in fashion? Strange but I feel the peer pressure to look a tad more decent when I go to college or when I go out. See, I hardly bother to dress up to college as oppose to my lovely girl-friends who can't get enough of their make-up and style. I mean I get a little envious of them I have to admit at times because I just don't feel the motivation to dress up. What's wrong with me? Ahhh!!!

On the other hand, my girl-friends are trying to convince me into wearing color lense. Although it looks cool and all but I can't imagine having to drip some colorless, odor-less liquid into my eyes every now and then. As if trying to concentrate on lectures aren't bad enough. Then again, peer pressure was imminent. So now I am at a crossroad whether to wear color lense or not. I should probably try.

Oh talking about peer pressure, I might be going for make-up classes soon. Sigh. Mum has been pestering me to go before I graduate so that I groom myself for the working world soon. It's a hard step for me considering I am not much of a make-up person and putting on make-up doesn't come naturally to me. Strange enough, my youngest sister can put on make up better than I can. Talk about being completely malufied.

All I can say is that this year is going to be a challenging one. Final year UK degree not easy. Thesis. Bleah. Finance major not cool. Loads of reading to do. Thank goodness I quit Kumon. If not I don't think I will have enough time to catch up on recommended readings.

Till then, Jan is back in Holland and I am missing him oh-so-much. He's just the cutest. And thank God for good friends in college. Without them, I probably became a total nerd and just lock myself one corner. I need a kick-on-the-butt to socialize these days. Not good but hey I am trying to be a good scholarship student here. nyek nyek nyek.

Lief





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)