Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Past, Present and possibly Future?

I’m sitting here in a partial dark room looking at pictures I took in Europe. Seeing each expression and action, I realized how young, energetic, adventurous and brave I was. How I loved those times of being lost, missing trains, chasing buses and getting frustrated in conversations I didn’t understand. I miss that side of me today more than others.

My mum asked me what were my thoughts the other day and the word TRANSITORY came out of nowhere. She asked me why but I couldn’t explain. I really feel like I am in a transit awaiting the next adventure. On the one side, I am excited as ever while the other says ‘Wo, hold your horses’. Being in a state of figuring out what’s the right path to take is exhilarating yet scary. God will deal with me on this. I just know He would.

Shared a moment of laughter with Dad the other day and it’s been a long time since we sat together and simply teased each other. Never knew I was so consumed in the pains and pleasures of growing up I have somewhat neglected time with Dad. It was refreshing to share that moment. I love him more than I can express (teary)

Anyway, back to the moment, Dad reckons we should move to Australia while I vote for The Netherlands and we trashed out the many benefits of each country given our personal experiences. While I enjoyed my holiday in Australia, it didn’t have the long-lasting emotions I had in The Netherlands. Then again, Dad reckons I’ll be bored with milks, cows and cheese soon enough. So, his present understanding of his little girl believes Australia is the best place for her. I should really pray about it. We made a father-daughter pack that we would fast for 3 days and see what God says. I’ll make sure I whisper ‘the Netherlands..’ to him while he’s asleep. Hehe..

I should really start fasting and swim more. Fun lunches and birthday celebrations at the office are really bringing harm to my tummy. In a span of two weeks, I’ve had four chocolate cakes *yummy*

While I continue to enjoy the cakes, stay tuned for updates.

Mel - Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)