Monday, August 14, 2006

Good ol' Malaysia

The plane lands in KLIA and as I walk weakly to the baggage collection area, I realised that I don't feel that happy about coming home. It was a totally weird feeling as I was anticipating the moment in my mind - on the plane as to how I would react when I see my family for the first time in 10 weeks or so.

For the past few days I have been trying to get use to the weather in Malaysia, the time difference and basically the environment. And the strangest part of all is that I couldn't get use to the food! I was just wondering what's wrong with me? It's so difficult to eat all the fried and stir-fried food once again. It really is!

Then come the news about how unsafe our country is becoming with all the snatch theft and murder reports, it made me think more of Holland. How safe it was to walk even in the middle of the night without being paranoid of someone snatching your handbag. Utterly dissapointing to think that I can't even go to the park outside my house for a short time of exercise!

Uni is starting in a month's time and I am still unprepared to face a whole new group of people. The fact that I will only be there for another one year makes it difficult to have the motivation to make new friends. People will have cliques and I will be a lone ranger trying my very best to hopefully be able to mix around.

After all said and done, I am home and I hope things will take a better turn. Time to get back to the routine of working and studying soon.

Adeline happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed the meal I cooked for you in Aberdeen.

Shaun if u ever read my blog, congratulations on your convocation! Finally you made it as an engineer.

ps: Europe is expensive so I couldn't get souveniers for everyone. So sorry and even those I got, it's a small thing but for a poor student like myself, I thought about you in Europe; so that thought is better than any gift.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)