Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What have I been up to these days?

Starting off at an emotional point in this post, I would like to thank everyone for their concern for me and souveniers throughout the whole Europe trip for the past 10 weeks or so. Particularly my aunts and their family for their generosity and hospitality that made my dream of travelling Europe a reality!

This is my last post from the land of cheese, cows, windmills, drugs, clogs and sexy girls with red curtains. I will be heading back to my homeland in approximately 8 hours. Feeling really heavy hearted at the moment. Goodbye to efficient public transport, cheap food (if not converted), great company, good weather, amazing milk and cheese, relaxing environment, good shopping and last but not least spectacular views. All this things makes me want to stay where I am now *sob sob*

As for what I have been up to for the last few days since I came back from Aberdeen last Tuesday; I became a tour guide and showed Han Jin Holland per se. From the streets of Amsterdam to the wildboars and green lung of Holland. After Han Jin returned to York on Friday, I went to Kinderdijk which is a place where there was 19 windmills. An amazing adventure! Then on, in the afternoon, made a trip to Antwerpen, Belgium. Spent one night there and the next day headed to Zeeland (Sea Land), a place where a huge dam is built and where it controls the amount of water going into the rivers of Holland. 50 years ago, there in the same place was a great flood which claimed many lives. It's amazing that the Dutch people is so innovative!

Most of Holland is below sea level, thereby it is a necessity to build good dikes and dams to prevent flooding. After my short trip to Zeeland, my uncle took me somewhere near Kijkduin where I witness the true mother nature. Kijkduin is the name of the coastal area or rather the beach area and surrounding it are dunes which is a spectacular sight! The dunes acts as dikes to protect the city from the sea. And it is one of the only non-man-made dunes. Unbelievable!

After all said and done, I can only Thank God that He has given me this opportunity to have this holiday. It has always been a desire to go on to someplace else for the past 2 years and finally I have it and I can't thank you enough, Lord.

Again, I want to thank my aunts, uncles and cousins for their blessings and their love and care for me throughout this whole trip. Thank You and Love u guys!

Bedankt en Tot Ziens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)